Monday, August 17, 2015

Let's talk about blogs, bay-bee. Let's talk about you and me.

Hi, guys!

I'm Kayla Sue, your friendly neighborhood blogmaster. This is a brand new blog endeavor for me, so I thought it would be helpful to introduce myself and talk a bit about the whens, whys, hows, and what-have-you.

Me

I'm a late twenty something lady-identifying person. You may call me a woman, I'm cool with that.

I'm a spouse and a parent and a stepparent. I stay at home now, but my background is in retail management, which I spent seven years in and enjoyed immensely. I do some freelance writing, and I blog--in fact, you can check me out at Over the Cuckoos' Nest, where I blog about atheism, feminism, social justice, and whatever-the-hell-I-feel-like. I've written some for Mommyish and a bit for Witty Bitches. You can also find me knocking about Disqus as WickedProphet KaylaSue.

I am, I should warn you, the liberal progressive democratic socialist feminist atheist that your mother probably didn't even think to warn you about. Also, I have a seriously dirty mouth sometimes. I'd apologize, but it would be a lie.

This Blog

So, with one blog already going on, why start a second blog?

The simple truth is, the tone and content of this blog wouldn't mesh well with my current blogging adventures. I toyed with the idea of just doing a column on these topics, but honestly, I think there's enough material out there for its own channel. We shall see how it goes!

Basically, this idea came to me one day as I was going through my Bloglovin' and Instagram. I follow a lot of blogs geared towards parts of my demographic--woman, homemaker, mom, etc--but they all had one thing in common: they were overwhelmingly religious.

And that's fine. I still follow the same blogs and Instastreams that I did when I had this idea. But it did leave me longing for voices more like mine. So I took to the web, looking for blogs that were run by atheist homemakers like myself. I found a handful, but it was definitely less than the blogs of the same nature run by religious persons. There's a lot of very reasonable explanations for this, but it also occurred to me that there's got to be other people out there who would like to look at homemaking from a nonreligious or secular perspective.

This blog isn't intended to be just for women. It isn't intended to be just for stay at home parents or spouses. It's intended to be a repository for information on homemaking for anyone that's keeping a secular home.

Maybe this is something people need. Maybe it's something the internet needs. In reality, it's probably just something that I need, personally, because sometimes, it gets lonely feeling like you are part of such a tiny, tiny minority.

So here we go.

Here's post 1, day 1. Follow me along on this wonderful grand adventure, aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment