Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Habit Helpers: Write an "I Did It" list.

This week's habit is to write an I Did It list detailing your accomplishments each day.

I've been looking forward to this habit. I'm bad about overlooking my own accomplishments and focusing too much on what I haven't done.

So here's what I Did yesterday:


  • Cleaned the living room, entry, and office
  • Adhered to my cleaning schedule (I'd fallen off the wagons for the first week or two of the new year)
  • Not really yesterday per se, but it was apparent yesterday because it was Leftovers Night: I did really well last week with reducing our food waste by reducing the amount I was cooking--I'm looking forward to continuing to hone it.
  • Wrote a blog post for Happy Heathen Humanist Homemaker and Over the Cuckoos' Nest
  • Got ahead on Over the Cuckoos' Nest by doing an additional blog post
  • Read the next chapter in How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and sketched out a plan for applying it this week
  • Dinner on the table at 5:30--yay
  • Read two sections of Bitch and a chapter of Breaking the Spell

Anyway, putting it down on paper was pretty cool because it made me take stock of what I'd done in a very tangible way.

I definitely think this is one habit that I'll continue on with. I like the sense of yes, I'm getting things done, that I got from completing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment